TAYLOR COUNTY—The Taylor County Grand Jury met for their September term on Monday, and during their assembly heard the cases of 25 people who faced indictment.
Among the cases heard was that of Burel Dale Mingus, 49, of Thornton, who was charged by the jury with murder, after reportedly shooting a man three times, the final time, in the head.
If found guilty of his charges, he could face a potential sentence of not less than ten nor more than forty years on his murder charge.
Another case presented to the jury was that of 21-year-old Fairmont resident Deonta Quanta Allen, who was indicted on one count of first-degree robbery, after an alleged July altercation in Lucretia.
During the claimed robbery, it is reported that Allen took a PlayStation, phone, watch and controller for the gaming system at gun point.
Joshua Blake Price, 31, of Farmington, was also indicted by the Taylor County Grand Jury for one count of first-degree arson, after allegedly setting fire to the home of Tyler Poston, whom it is believed he later shot and killed in Taylor County.
The grand jury also returned indictments for the following individuals:
• Joshua Howard Trickett, 37, of Grafton for one count of attempted sexual assault
• Chrissy Dawn Barker, 39, of Wallace, on one count of intimidation of and retaliation against a witness
• Donald Lee Gray, 51, a transient, for burglary
• David Joshua Biggins, 34, of Clarksburg, for one count of grand larceny
• Joseph Wade Charlton, 47, of Bridgeport, on one count of grand larceny
• Cody Cheyenne Carter, 29, of Grafton, for one count of grand larceny
• Christopher Edward McCauley, 31, a transient, for one count of breaking and entering
• Troy Lynn Younker, 50, of Thornton, on one count of obtaining money by false pretenses
• Timothy James Bibey, 39, of Belington, for one count fraudulent schemes and one count uttering
• Abbygale Lashay Bolyard, 23, of Grafton, on one count of driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance causing bodily injury and one count of driving under the influence of a controlled substance causing death
• Jason Dee Braham, 48, of Independence, for one count fleeing in a vehicle from law enforcement showing reckless indifference for the safety of others, one count of persons prohibited from possessing firearms, one count of driving while license revoked for driving under the influence third or subsequent offense, one count of conspiracy to commit a felony and one count of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver
• Michael Wayne Plymale, 38, of Grafton, on one count of possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture/deliver/possess
• Amber Dawn Kostura, 39, of Grafton, for one count of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver
• Joshua Michael Swisher, 44, of Grafton, on one count of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and one count of conspiracy to commit a felony
• David Allen Miller, 62, of Fairmont, for one count of failure to register as a sex offender second or subsequent offense
• Kenneth Edward Johnson, 35, of Grafton, on one count of failure to register as a sex offender
In addition, the following individuals were charged by the grand jury with felony escape:
• Damon Ferguson, 42, of Bridgeport
• Jason Lee Cain, 35, of Grafton
• Antonia Devor Chappell, 52, of Beverly
• Darrick Paul Arbogast, 45, of Fairmont
• Justin Allen Mayle, 33, of Grafton
• Nicholas Scott Bartholow, 39, of Grafton.
An indictment is merely an accusation of guilty, but all parties are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.