Question 1: Describe your major highlights and achievements in sports in the past. What stands out to you about your high school athletic career?
1. Some of my highlights and achievements in golf was qualifying as the number two (2) golfer for the GHS team my freshman year and beating the Big Ten Player of the Year my sophomore year. Things that stand out to me is the school(s) around us are very skilled and it’s very difficult to win and achieve championships.
Question 2: What clubs, teams or other extracurricular activities are you involved in during high school?
2. I’m involved in golf and baseball.
Question 3: Why are you so passionate about playing your sport? What drew you to the sport? What sets golf apart from other sports in your mind?
3. I’m so passionate in playing golf because I want to be the best. My cousin drew me to the sport because I looked up to him and he would take me to the golf course to play at a young age. The mental aspect of the game of golf sets it apart to me.
Question 4: How would your coaches and teammates describe you?
4. My coaches and teammates would describe me as a skilled compassionate leader.
Question 5: What is the best piece of advice you have gained from a coach over your years playing any sport? How would you say golf differs from other sports?
5. The best advice that I have been given is that you must practice. You can not just play the game. Golf is different because playing is not practicing but in other sports playing is practicing.
Question 6: How do you manage your athletic responsibilities and other outside recreational and non-recreational activities?
6. I would say I am very busy, but I still manage to attend practices and sporting events.
Question 7: What is the biggest lesson you have picked up from playing sports?
7. The biggest lesson I picked up is that you always have to give 110%, all the other players are giving 100%, it is what sets me apart from the competition.
Question 8: How long have you been involved in golf? How would you describe yourself as a player? What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses?
8. I’ve been involved in competitive golf for three (3) years, but I was around the game at a young age. I would describe myself as being levelheaded, and crafty. My strengths are being around the greens and my weakness usually starts at the tee box.
Question 9: How has being involved in sports positively impacted your life?
9. Sports have had positive impacted on my life by the friendships that I have made throughout that will last a lifetime.
Question 10: What has representing Grafton as a student athlete meant to you? What’s your best memory?
10. Representing Grafton has meant to me: I am proud to represent my school and my community. My best memories are playing scrambles and playing twilight 9’s with Aiden Sheme.
Question 11: What is one thing you want to be remembered when you leave high school? What is the legacy you wish to leave?
11. The one thing that I want to be remembered for is that I am a very skilled player and a great leader. The legacy I wish to leave is that me and my teammates win another Big Ten Championship for Grafton High School and to make to the state tournament and win a state championship.
Question 12: Are there any short term goals you would like to accomplish in the next few months to a couple of years? What about in the future 10 years or more down the road where do you think you’ll end up?
12. My short-term goals consist of becoming bigger and stronger so I can help the baseball team win sectional championship. In the next 10 years, I hope to be playing professional golf, but if that doesn’t work out, I hope to have a successful career to provide for me and my family.