Fire damages home on Miracle Road


SIMPSON— The Flemington Volunteer Fire Department was alerted to a structure fire on Miracle Road, late Tuesday night.

Just after 9:00 p.m., department members arrived on scene to discover a residential home going up in flames.

With the assistance of the Grafton and Bridgeport Fire Departments, along with the Boothsville Volunteer Fire Department, crews were able to get the blaze under control before it consumed the entire home, and quickly extinguished the flames.

According to Flemington Volunteer Fire Department Chief Geoff Marshall, the incident is believed to have started in the basement of the home, where a wood burning furnace was in use, and left unattended.

He shared that the fire had caused heavy damage to the basement area, and began to burn through the first and second floor. Luckily, quick actions taken by the Flemington Vol. Fire Department, once on scene, prevented the fire from spreading any farther, and the other floors of the home were left with only moderate damages and smoke damages.

“No one was home at the time, so thankfully there were no injuries. Unfortunately, one family pet was lost,” Marshall revealed.

He went on to recommend that those using a wood burning furnace as a heat source should be sure that they are properly maintained and kept clean.